Chuchuhuasi - Maytenus macrocarpa, chuchuhuasha (choo-choo-wa-see)
In traditional Amazonian shamanism, it is believed that the energy channels in our physical body can become crossed and that they need to be straightened out to allow the free flow of energy. Our emotional health can also impact on our physical body. Our body and mind are part of the same interconnected system and sometimes emotions can affect certain parts of our body causing tension, discomfort and sometimes can lead to health-related issues. The head medicine spirits are white doctor spirits, who mainly work on re-aligning the energetic centres of the body. The colour associated with this essence is red like the colour of its sap, representing physical life force and vitality. This colour is energising and vibrant.
Each essence has been prepared with its own medicine song, an icaro. Icaros are a form of communication between the shaman and the spirit world. The icaro is used to set the healing intention and to ask the tree for assistance. Each essence has been uniquely created by choosing certain qualities of each tree and calling forth its medicine with the icaro.
The third image is of my painting 'Chuchuhuasi Tree Medicine'.
Other traditional uses
It grows to the forest’s canopy. Its bark is a rich red colour. It has small white flowers. Chuchuhuasi is most commonly used for treating arthritis and rheumatic conditions. The bark is macerated in sugar cane alcohol and drunk twice a day. Honey may also be added to the brew and used as an aphrodisiac. Used for treating pain, inflammation, tumours, as a muscle relaxant and even as an insect repellent, amongst other uses.
This tree is a sacred teacher plant and used by shamans for its curative/spiritual qualities. It can be used as part of a shamanic dieta or as an admixture to Ayahuasca.
Customer Reviews 7 item(s)
- A challenge well worth it!
- Having just finished my bottle and although I did not follow the dieta strictly, I must say that Chuchuhuasi has helped me grow through a difficult period . I became quite badly ill for over 2 weeks (around 3 weeks into my cure) and now feel that I have come out stronger from this period, that I am now more fully myself, and have let go of mental pains that I created for myself. Many thanks, Mimi, for making these essences available!
- Amazing Doc !
- Just Amazing. Second time ordering it.
- Pain relief
It help me with some back pain thought. I stop for a bit ( cause I couldn't diet)
Need to get back on it.
- Just fantastic. **** All the way.
- Well they all work magical great. I pretty much try all except few Left. Chuchuhusi is another exceptional. Great essence.
- Challenging but liberating
- After only a few days of taking this essence it became challenging and I knew I had to surrender to the process here . I experienced a pain in the face and side of the jaw for ten days and at times it was unbearable but I knew something on a deep level was been cleared . In between these challenges I also felt times of wisdom and insight coming through and I knew I was been held and supported by the plant medicine and the doctor spirits . The essence brought knowledge to me about the chakras and through synchronicity guided me to a person that is helping me with soul retrieval and shamanic healing . After taking the essence within a week greater abundance had flowed into my life and the process is still clearing away with the help of the essence. . It wasn't a easy experience and at times I felt I wouldn't get through it but it levelled out and the pain cleared . Thank you
- Feeling the energy flow throughout my body.
- Chuchuhuasi has been a special challenge. I found myself pushing against a very major blockage. I kept with the essence for four weeks, adding Remo Caspi in the last week and a half. Monumental physical and mental pains and blockage. Finally, in my 'off' week, the breakthrough, and I feel better than I ever have, literally better than at any other time in my life. Finally feeling the energy flow throughout my body, top to bottom.