Cumaceba Swartzia polyphylla, cumaseba (cu-ma-say-ba)
Due to emotional shut down, stress, tension and spending too much time lost in our thoughts; we lose connection to the very centre of our being, our heart centre. Detachment makes us feel separate, fearful, alone and burdened by life. Our heart centre is the place where we find truth and wisdom, where we feel unified and connected to the whole. The very seat of our consciousness and our home. The energy of this tree is very light and uplifting. Connect with the Cumaceba to learn the power and beauty of the heart, connecting you back to the love and gentleness that lies within. Connect with this tree to open your heart centre and bring a sense of happiness and wellbeing. The colour associated with this essence is Pink, representing love and the inner child. This colour is gentle and playful.
Each essence has been prepared with its own medicine song, an icaro. Icaros are a form of communication between the shaman and the spirit world. The icaro is used to set the healing intention and to ask the tree for assistance. Each essence has been uniquely created by choosing certain qualities of each tree and calling forth its medicine with the icaro.
The third image is of my painting 'Cumaceba Tree Medicine'.
Other traditional uses
Cumaceba grows to approximately 15m tall. It is usually found in low jungle areas. It has small white flowers. Cumaceba bark is commonly macerated in sugar cane alcohol, along with other plants in the treatment of arthritic pain, joint inflammation and as an aphrodisiac. It is used to as an antiseptic, to treat yeast infections, for colds, as a postpartum tonic and for female reproductive problems. It is also used for physical strength and to prevent laziness. It is taken as a tonic during illness to speed up recovery.
This tree is a sacred teacher plant and used by shamans for its curative/spiritual qualities. It can be used as part of a shamanic dieta or as an admixture to Ayahuasca.
Customer Reviews 6 item(s)
- Great Essence to make your heart lighter and in peace
- I took Cumaceba and noticed that after few days my heart felt very light, got a sense of peace and calm and also could feel the spirit of the tree with me and in any moment I wanted to focus on something or connected to a sweet emotion I could feel my heart bloom. Is a great essence to feel very light and calm. Very recommended
- Very good!
- For me was a very good experience...I finished the bottle in 3 weeks as I needed more than the normal dosage...but Cumaceba helped to create space in my heart and leave it light getting ride of heaviness ...recommended
- An incredible and deeply healing essence
- I feel a strong connection to these essences and loved my experience of taking Cumaceba. I decided to go the deeper route and to a bit of a cleanse whilst I took it and the effects were incredible. I felt a real sense of upliftment, a deeper connection to myself and the cleansing and opening of my heart chakra. It was an incredible shift and it took me to a new place within. I look forward to taking the next essence and have already decided which one will help me to take the next step on my path.
- Heart opening
- I truly love working with Cumaceba. It literally takes down the walls that have been so cleverly built around the heart to “protect” it once we are ready to move forward in life. My clients and students are big fans of this tree essence.
- Love, joy, happiness, peace and abundance
- at the moment I am dieting Cumaceba. I always set an intention when I take the essences. My intention for the diet was to be able to give unconditionally, to love all others unconditionally and to circulate money freely without worrying about running out. I only started today but this morning I had an insight that "I am everything, and because I am everything then I can give me without ever running out of me." This led to a beautiful relaxation of my heart and the feeling that because I am everything then I have nothing to protect myself against - I felt my boundaries relax to let me/the world in. I remember intending to invite more of myself into my life e.g. instead of shutting it out through false perception of life or judgement of others, who are really me. So all love is self love because we are one - and as I accept myself I invite more of myself into my life - as love, joy, happiness, peace and abundance. And I can give this abundance without fear of running out because I can never run out of that which I am. I understood that the fear of running out of money limits our giving and circulating - and this thought is born out of a sense of separation, that money is a separate thing than us, so we can run out of it. But the truth is the we are it!
- Pure joy and love.
- I was strongly guided to Mimis site, and decided to book a healing session. The healing session was very profound, the energy of the tree spirits came to me strongly via song and the energy that Mimi connected me with. Before the session, I was guided to the cumaceba essence, and Mimi sensed this was right for me too. As soon as I started the essence, I felt my heart open and pure joy and love. This helped to create an amazing balance in my life in the physical world, and I felt more able to cope with the stresses of life. The essences are very powerful, and I am continuing my healing journey with the amazing amazonian tree spirits.